Has this ever happened to you? You’ve just gotten home from work to find your basement flooded because a pipe burst or your toilet is backed up after having friends over to watch Sunday’s football game. Now, you need to find a Plumbers Waynesburg PA to come out and fix the problems you are having, but it is after hours and many plumbing companies are closed. Unfortunately, these are scenarios that homeowners can be faced with at any time and, unless you know one personally, you will need to contact an emergency plumber to come out and help you.
It is important to have an established relationship with a plumber, or plumbing company, that you can depend on in an emergency. Some of the reasons to have a working relationship with a plumber are:
- You will know who to call. Hire a plumber, or plumbing company, for your regular plumbing jobs that also responses to emergency calls. You will be acquainted with their work and with an established relationship, they may also give you a break on the fees they charge for emergency or after hours calls.
- Being able trust them is important. You will already have a level of trust in the emergency plumber you call if you have done business with them before your emergency situation arises. Not only will you know the skills they bring to the job, but you have already have had them in your house and will feel safer around them.
- You know they are experienced. By using them for your regular plumbing jobs, you know you are hiring experienced plumbers who can get the job done right. If you have the same plumber come in each time, they will be acquainted with your home’s pipes and plumbing issues. This experience can help diagnosis the problem faster and get it fix sooner than if you had someone come in for the first time.
Whether or not you have an emergency plumber on speed dial, there are some considerations you should make when you hire someone to come in to repair your problem. They are:
- Are they licensed? Your plumber should know the difference between an elbow and a flange and by being licensed, you will know they have passed the tests required in your area for them to be a plumber.
- Are they insured? Mistakes happen, it is only natural, so if a mistake happens when a plumber is fixing your pipes and you need to hire someone else to fix it, they are insured and you can make a claim with the initial plumber to get compensated for the money you had to spend in order to fix their mistake. If they are not bonded, you would probably have to go to court to get compensated.
- How long have they been in business? When you see an ad for a service, there is usually the year the business has been established somewhere on the ad. This lets you know immediately how long they have been in business and they are not just a fly by night company that may scam you for your money.
You can use the Internet to your advantage when you need to hire an emergency plumber. Most companies now have websites to enhance their advertising and you can quickly research a company you may hire to fix your plumbing issue. You may be able to find out their rates, see what their clients have to say about them, and find out if they work on issues like you have.
Calling a plumber after hours for emergencies can be very expensive, but if you do it right, you can get your problem solved without it costing you the proverbial arm and a leg.