Avatar, a 2009 spiritual movie directed by James Cameron, has several spiritual lessons embedded in it. Here are the top 5 spiritual lessons from the well acclaimed must-watch movie.
1. Everything is Alive. Each particle of creation is filled with awareness, life force energy, spirit, and intelligence. These objects have different consciousness than ours. The universal consciousness, also known as ‘Animism’, is an integral part of several primitive cultures. This beautiful planet on which we live is not a dead lump of rocks circulating around the sun in space. Everything in this earth is pulsating with energy. Every culture knows it differently. Chinese calls it Chi, Indians call it Prana, Japanese call it Ki. The “bio-botanical neural network” described in the movie is real and we can experience it by increasing our consciousness. If there is one thing that I take home from this movie, it is that we should treat this earth and every living and non-living thing on this earth with respect and love. The “tree of souls” is as real as you believe it to be.
2. Love is the most powerful purifier of all. When our heart is filled with love, it heals us. This positive frequency goes out from us and resonates with everything around us. The heart filled with love creates electromagnetic field that affects the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual well-being. Love purifies the spirit. It cleanses the soul.
3. Everything is born twice. Your physical birth is simply the beginning of your consciousness. What you do with your life and how you earn your place in the community decides your second birth. Most people never reach the level of consciousness to be born again. To be born again, a person has to earn his or her place in the community. A real warrior has to earn place in the community by cultivating fearlessness and good heart.
4. Balance is the key to all life. “Mother earth does not take sides; she protects only the balance of life,” a quote from movie reveals that mother earth promotes balance and harmony over everything else. Several Hindu and Zen spiritual theories promote balance and harmony as well. For long term sustainability, nothing takes precedence of balance.
5. This world is a collaboration of energies and every individual has something to contribute. Everybody has a purpose in life. Living a purposeful life puts you in attunement with rest of the universe. All the life force energy comes to your aid when your purpose is in attunement with betterment of the universe as a whole. “All energy is only borrowed…You have to give it back” – a direct quote from the movie reveals the quintessential aspect of how energy of both living and non-living things interacts and creates our universe.